Wednesday, September 25, 2013

firing up the blog: Alaska - Bolivia

Its been a while since I've updated this site, and I'm sure any regular visitors that I once may have had are long gone. My blogging and general media creation abilities have been severely hindered by my 8 year old computer system that can no longer keep up. Although my micro-blogging via iphone has been steady, I'm working to get that upgraded. I haven't stopped documenting fun times with my camera, in fact It seems I've been quite busy with the thing lately. The craziest trips of my life went down in the last 6 months... Alaska and Bolivia. Once my computer situation has improved, hopefully soon, I'll begin editing the video from these expeditions and with any luck, have some fun short films to share. I haven't really been able to watch the footage yet, but if my memory serves me well, we did get some beautiful shots.

^ My brother and I spent a month in Alaska last spring and had ourselves a trip. The weather and snow conditions were sublime. We had the chance to camp out in the Tordrillo mountains for 10 days, where this photo was taken of my brother Neil. To experience Alaska in this way has been a dream of mine since I was a little grom.

^ Bolivia. BellĂ­simo. I would have to say this was the craziest experience of my life. Early in the summer I approached my brother and suggested that we try and explore someplace new, and far out, and maybe try and make another ski/fish film. We settled on Bolivia. A long time ago we heard that perhaps the best fly-fishing in the world was happening deep in the jungles of the Bolivian Amazon. The place existed in my mind for over a decade as this mythical destination, too far and too expensive for me, but maybe one day. I didn't want to wait any longer to find out if these legends were true, so we went. It wouldn't have been possible without the help of so many people, but I felt that the time was just right. I look forward to sharing more from this incredible journey.

3 comments: